Rainier Connect is currently accepting resumes for a Facilities Cable Locator. Facilities Cable Locator works outside in all weather conditions to safely and accurately locate underground CATV and Fiber Optic cables. Candidates need to be comfortable with the primary responsibilities, and qualifications listed below. You will be working outdoors in the fresh air, using a company-provided laptop to document and close all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time on all locates, which means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed. If you feel you are a close fit, but have weaknesses, please list them.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Accurately locate and paint underground Facilities
- Read maps to maintain accuracy of facilities
- On call during scheduled time periods, and respond to calls as needed
- Operate and maintain assigned vehicle in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensure vehicle is stocked with necessary equipment
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Maintain a sense of urgency and consistently meet deadlines
- Accurately completes required paperwork and documentation associated with each job assignment
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and understand maps & prints to assist in identification of underground facilities.
- Prioritize work activities by reviewing locate requests to determine travel route.
- Operate handheld detection equipment in the designed manner
- Periodically remove and replace manhole lids, weighing between 50-200 pounds.
- Ability to work in all types of terrain and hazards, all types of environments, and all type of weather conditions.
- Drive extensively and get in and out of vehicle repeatedly and walk possibly several miles a day.
- Mark location of underground facilities on roadways, private property, and other locations, as appropriate and needed, using spray paint, flags and other equipment.
High-school diploma or equivalent required
Possess a valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record
Work overtime and holidays as service conditions require